Call for abstracts:
Participants who would like to contribute with an oral or poster presentation must submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Secretariat.
Abstracts should be submitted in English and arrive no later than March 01, 2008.
The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract could be accepted for presentation, with consideration to be given to the author's preference.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
Only the abstracts of registered presenting authors will be included in the program and in the Congress book of abstracts.
For abstract submission you should be registered for the Congress using the on-line registration.
If you have already registered please enter the on-line registration using your login and password, click "Abstract submittion"
and fill in all the necessary fields.
Before you start please prepare the following information:
- Contact details of presenting author.
- Abstract category.
- Details of all affiliations of all abstract authors: department, institution / hospital, city, country, contact details
- Title (max 15 words).
- Authors’ names (initials and family name), The name of the presenting author must be submitted first.
- Three keywords indicating the field, topic and specific aspect of the abstract.
- Abstract text
After the online abstract submisson procedure you will receive an e-mail letter, informing you that your abstract is in our database. Final decision of organising committee about including your abstract into the scientific programme will be made no later than April, 01. You will be informed about their decision by e-mail.
Your abstract must contain no more than 200 words (300 words for SCAR/IASC Keynote Lectures).
Abstract text should be written contiguously, without paragraphs. No pictures and graphs are allowed.
Your abstract must reflect the essence of your presentation. A clear and simple style will be appreciated.
Please note, abstracts containing such phrases as "Results will be discussed" instead of a description of the results will be rejected without review.
Abbreviations are permitted but must be defined when mentioned for the 1st time.
Please note, once you press on submit, there is no option to edit the information you entered and you will have to start again!
In case you should need to correct your abstract after it was submitted, please , delete it and submit again.
Mandatory fields are marked with a asterisk (*)
Please do not make multiple submissions of the same abstract.
- abstract body must contain only text, i.e. must not duplicate information about title, authors, etc. Abstract header will be created automatically.
- title, all authors, affiliations and keywords must be introduced separately, using web interface.
Oral - Speakers should confirm upon submission of their abstract which audiovisual equipment they will require for presentation.
Posters - Instructions for preparation of posters will be sent together with the acceptance notification.
Requirements for oral presentation:
1) All presentations should be created in Microsoft Power Point 2003 or lower. No *.jpeg* and *.pdf* files accepted.
2) In case you are going to include video in your presentation, DO NOT FORGET to copy not only the .ppt file, but also the video file itself.